Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank.
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Operations Assistant assists operations department including accounting, deposit operations, wire transfer, ACH and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accounts Payable, including expense report
- Wire transfers, including OFAC
- ACH returns, notifications of change, unauthorized ACH entries, and initiation of ACH transfers.
- Maintain daily wire logs for domestic and international wire
- Proof adjustments,
- Customer service calls.
- Print daily repurchase agreements and track pledged
- Debit card
- Process garnishments and levies.
- Exception item handling for returned items, stop payments, charge-backs, and non-posted transactions.
- Reconciliation or review of correspondent bank accounts and internal bank/general ledger accounts.
- Print customer notices.
- Balance teller cash totals to the general
- Reconcile ATM settlement
- Update general ledger transaction
- Remit federal and state backup
- Calculate and remit compensating use
- Special projects, as requested.
- Previous banking knowledge in Operations/Accounting
- Knowledge of balancing GL accounts, wire transfers, ACH transactions,
- High degree of attention to
- High degree of
- Professional and pleasant
- Excellent customer service skills, both in person and on the telephone.
- Proficient use of 10-key adding
- Good mathematical
- Ability to work under
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or
- Minimum two (2) years of bank operations