Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank.
There are two positions currently open.
Commercial Loan Processor
Job Title: Commercial Loan Processor
Department: Commercial Loan Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Commercial Loan Processor is to provide support to the commercial loan department with focus on document processing, payment application, file maintenance, and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing commercial loan documentation.
- Review loan packages prior to producing loan documents for compliance with Bank credit policy and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate proficiently with commercial lending staff regarding loan file details and requirements.
- Verify loan documentation and proper approval for loans processed.
- Identity items to be tracked to complete loan file documentation.
- Help maintain loan accounts with focus on sound credit administration and safe banking practices.
- Process payments and proper money movement in accordance with accounting requirements.
- Assist in loan reviews, audits, and regulatory examinations.
- Attend meetings and educational events to obtain information and training.
- Maintain sufficient understanding of and adhere to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Perform other loan operational tasks.
- Effective communication, excellence in both verbal and written skills.
- Problem-solving skills involving critical thinking.
- Proficient at technology.
- Basic accounting skills or experience and understanding of general ledger activity.
- Solid multi-tasking capabilities, including prioritizing tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Time management.
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to form good working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Banking: 2 years.
- Processing Real Estate Loans: 1 year
- Loan Documentation: 1 year
High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
Proficient use of personal computer; experience on Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Ability to learn department-specific software (LaserPro, Suntell imaging, etc.).
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office environment on the first floor of building. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for the Commercial Loan Processor position, please click on the link below:
Job Title: New Accounts Specialist/Teller
Department: Customer Service
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Maintain existing accounts.
- Greet customers, answer questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, certificate of deposits, etc.
- Inform customers of procedures to apply for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Interview customers in order to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe deposit boxes.
- Carry out special services for customers, such as ordering debit cards, notifying customers of potentially compromised cards and tracking all re-issues.
- Answer phone and direct call to employees.
- Check orders – new and reorders.
- On-line banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- E-Corp banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- Bank-in-your-office – new and maintaining accounts.
- Assist officers with various needs.
- Maintain customer files.
- Safe deposit box inventory and customer assistance in accessing their boxes.
- Maintain weekly Rate Sheets and disburse.
- Assist with a variety of special projects, as needed.
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
- Stuff and mail customer statements and notices.
- Log and approve ACH files and calculate totals in monthly report
- Verify both international and domestic outgoing wires, as needed.
- Schedule Courier and report hours worked to payroll.
- Generate monthly Retail Report, containing data on newly issued/closed accounts and general ledgers.
- Opens bank or closes and secures bank after 6:00 PM
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, examines checks for endorsements and verifies accuracy of deposit slips.
- Arranges monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denominations.
- Balances currency and coin in cash drawer at end of shift.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Enters customers’ transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issues computer-generated receipts.
- Examines checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Identifies transaction errors when debits and credits do not balance.
- Balances main cash vault.
- Meters bank’s outgoing mail.
- Processes bank’s incoming mail deposits.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services.
- Makes sure all work is properly scanned, corrected, balanced, and submitted.
- Makes sure all work is properly scanned from Operations Department periodically.
- Makes sure all work areas are kept clean and clutter free.
- Cash handling and teller experience
- Retail banking experience
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Professional demeanor/appearance
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit (New Accounts), stand (Teller); use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- High School Diploma
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday (9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
To apply for the New Accounts Specialist/Teller position, please click the link below.