Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank. Cornerstone Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TWO OPEN POSITIONS:
New Account Specialist and Teller
Job Title: New Account Specialist/Teller
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: VP Treasury Management
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Provide customer assistance with new and existing account inquiries and all banking/monetary transactions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Compiles information about new accounts, enters account information into computers, and files related forms or other documents.
- Maintains existing accounts.
- Greets customers, answer questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, certificate of deposits, etc.
- Informs customers of procedures to apply for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Interviews customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe deposit boxes.
- Carries out special services for customers, such as ordering debit cards, notifies customers of potentially compromised cards and tracking all re-issues.
- Answers phone and directs calls to employees.
- Processes check orders – new and reorders.
- On-line banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- E-Corp banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- Bank-in-your-office – new and maintaining accounts.
- Assists officers with various needs.
- Maintains customer files.
- Safe deposit box inventory and customer assistance in accessing their boxes.
- Maintains weekly Rate Sheets and disburse.
- Assists with a variety of special projects, as needed.
- Refers customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
- Stuffs and mails customer statements and notices.
- Approves ACH files and mobile deposits.
- Verifies international and domestic outgoing wires, as needed.
- Generates monthly Retail Report, containing data on newly issued/closed accounts and general ledgers.
- Performs and cross-trains on Operations Department duties, as assigned.
- Assists in opening the bank at 7:40 AM and/or closing and securing the bank after 5:00 PM (rotating schedule to open and/or close, or you may be assigned to one shift and fill in on the other shift as needed).
- Accepts checking and savings deposits for drive-through and walk-in bank customers, ensures correct currency and coin accepted for deposit, verifies correct information on the check and that they are properly endorsed, and verifies accuracy of deposit totals.
- Keeps cash drawer and coin tray properly organized, maintains cash drawer limits, reconciles cash drawer daily and properly records vault cash transactions.
- Cashes checks and withdrawals, obtains proper identification, verifies sufficient funds, reviews accuracy of checks/withdrawal, and correctly disburses cash and coin to customer.
- Ensures all teller work, mobile and remote deposits are properly reviewed, scanned, corrected, balanced and Reconciles end of day teller totals to scanned image totals. Reconciles transaction errors when debits and credits do not balance.
- Sells cashier’s checks, redeems savings bonds, runs occasionally large volume of coin for deposits, completes change orders, accepts loan payments.
- Assists in balancing the main cash vault, and properly inventory debit card supply.
- Complies with bank operations, security procedures, and dual control functions.
- Maintains customer confidence, protects bank operations, and complies with confidentiality standards.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, from night depository and deposits received by mail.
- Meters bank’s outgoing mail, sorts all incoming mail, and delivers to staff.
- Completes projects given to the tellers by supervisor, completes within deadlines, completes required compliance testing and teller exams, and contributes to team environment by assisting others.
- Cross sells and promotes bank products by answering inquiries or informing customer of bank services which will meet their needs.
- Scans documents into correct filing systems and verifies successful completion, occasionally scanning operations department documents.
- Maintains clean and clutter-free work space and fills supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Cash handling and teller experience
- Retail banking experience
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Professional demeanor/appearance
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Mathematical proficiency
- Proficient use of personal computer; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook; Excel experience preferred.
Monday – Friday (Must be available for open and close shifts): 7:40 AM – 4:40 PM and 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Commercial Loan Processor
Job Title: Commercial Loan Processor
Department: Commercial Loan Operations
Reports To: Assistant VP, Commercial Loans
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Commercial Loan Processor is to provide support to the commercial loan department with focus on document processing, payment application, file maintenance, and customer service.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for producing commercial loan documentation.
- Review loan packages prior to producing loan documents for compliance with Bank credit policy and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate proficiently with commercial lending staff regarding loan file details and requirements.
- Verify loan documentation and proper approval for loans processed.
- Identify items to be tracked to complete loan file documentation.
- Help maintain loan accounts with focus on sound credit administration and safe banking practices.
- Process payments and proper money movement in accordance with accounting requirements.
- Responsible for funding loans, including balancing settlement statement with title companies.
- Assist in loan reviews, audits, and regulatory examinations.
- Attend meetings and educational events to obtain information and training.
- Maintain sufficient understanding of and adhere to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Perform other loan operational tasks.
- Effective communication, excellence in both verbal and written skills.
- Problem-solving skills involving critical thinking.
- Proficient at technology.
- Basic accounting skills or experience and understanding of general ledger activity.
- Solid multi-tasking capabilities, including prioritizing tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Time management.
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to form good working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Banking: 3 years
- Processing Real Estate Loans: 2 years
- Loan Documentation: 2 years
- College Degree; including Associates Degree; Business or Finance preferred.
Proficient use of personal computer; experience on Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Ability to learn department-specific software (LaserPro, Suntell imaging, etc.).
To Apply: Click here.