Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank.
TWO OPEN POSITIONS
Job title: Commercial Loan Operations Assistant. Click here to view the job description.
JOB TITLE: Credit Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Loans
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: responsible for analyzing current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; preparing reports with this credit information for use in decision-making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates credit approval process, including but not limited to processing credit applications and initiating inquiries into customer’s bank and trade references.
• Assesses the creditworthiness of potential customers, including establishing payment terms and credit limits; handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
• Monitors the credit risk associated with customer accounts.
• Establishes and maintains customer credit files and/or database; continually reviews customers’ credit histories.
• Reviews collections reports to ascertain status of collections and outstanding balances and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
• Assists with the establishment and implementation of credit policy; recommends adjustments as needed.
• Prepares reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
• Evaluates customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
• Confers with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
• Completes loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval.
• Generates financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers’ financial status.
• Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook. Fiserv/Navigator and Suntell preferred.
• Other skills required:
o Commitment to excellence and high standards.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
o Strong mathematical skills
o Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
o Acute attention to detail.
o Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
o Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
o Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems.
o Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information.
Proficient use of personal computer; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Fiserv core system and Suntell experience is a plus.
Job Title: Commercial Loan Operations Assistant
Department: Loan Department
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Title: Commercial Loan Operations Assistant
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Commercial Loan Operations Assistant is to provide support to the commercial loan department with focus on loan filing system, document scanning, and file maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with research of loan documentation exceptions (tickler system).
• Assist in maintaining loan filing system with updated documentation.
• Scan loan files.
• May perform other duties as required.
• Effective communication, excellence in both verbal and written skills.
• Proficient at technology.
• Solid multi-tasking capabilities, including prioritizing tasks.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to form good working relationships.
• Professional appearance.
• Business related experience; back office experience
• Minimum 2-year college degree; Business or Finance degree preferred.
Proficient in use of personal computer; experience on Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn department-specific software (LaserPro, Suntell imaging, etc.).
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office environment on the first floor of building. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Quality–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.