Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank.
There are two positions currently open.
Mortgage Loan Processor/Closer
JOB TITLE: Mortgage Loan Processor and Closer
DEPARTMENT: Loan Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Processes purchase and refinance mortgage loans in accordance with established policies and procedures and appropriate guidelines; provides strong communication and support to underwriting, loan officers, and customers to clear stipulations needed. Closes purchase and refinance mortgage loans in accordance with established policies and procedures and appropriate guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews loans in process daily and determines which loans must be processed immediately.
- Administers the timely daily disbursement and receipt of funds.
- Enters data from new loan applications and other documents into computer system.
- Orders credit reports, appraisals, flood certifications, and title work.
- Provides follow-up on a consistent basis with originators, borrowers, and agents to complete processing.
- Responds to inquiries from originators, agents, and borrowers regarding status of loans in process.
- Collects fees.
- Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Creates and maintains loan files.
- Processes approval and denial letters.
- Prepares payoff letters.
- Completes all required paperwork and forms in a timely and accurate manner; prepares all required reports.
- Updates commission report for secondary market loans.
- Processes paid secondary market loans.
- Reviews/processes annual escrow analysis statements.
- Pays insurance and real estate taxes for escrow accounts.
- Investigates and research problems.
- Maintains E-Oscar relationships.
- Prepares all closing documents required to close mortgage loans, ensuring documentation is complete and accurate; follows up with any discrepancies.
- Ensures that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance.
- Maintains communication with customers, departments, closing agents, realtors, and builders to promote positive business relations and relate loan status.
- Performs verification that loans closed as scheduled.
- Reviews files prior to closing to verify that abstracts and/or title opinions are clear; forwards copies to all parties involved; reviews all surveys, termite inspections, final inspections, and verifies accuracy of closing conditions.
- Closes the loan; inputs information into computer, prepares additional documentation, balances account for closing, prepares package for closing agent and/or customer, and ensures timely recording of all documents and disbursement of all funds.
- Prepares and explains closing requirements to closing agent and/or customer.
- Protects bank collateral by reviewing and analyzing title work to verify that all liens are clear.
- Reviews and verifies executed closing packages to ensure all documents are signed appropriately and all fees are included with the package.
- Maintains knowledge of all mortgage and compliance policies and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork and forms in an accurate and timely manner; prepares all required reports.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- Two to three years mortgage loan processing and closing experience, preferably in a bank
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Thorough working knowledge of real estate documentation, policies, compliance, and procedures.
- Accounting knowledge preferred.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
High School Diploma
Proficient use of personal computer; experience on Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Ability to learn department-specific software (LaserPro, Suntell imaging, etc.).
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office environment on the first floor of building. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment–Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for the Mortgage Loan Processor/Closer position, please click on the link below:
Job Title: New Accounts Specialist/Teller
Department: Customer Service
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Maintain existing accounts.
- Greet customers, answer questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, certificate of deposits, etc.
- Inform customers of procedures to apply for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Interview customers in order to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe deposit boxes.
- Carry out special services for customers, such as ordering debit cards, notifying customers of potentially compromised cards and tracking all re-issues.
- Answer phone and direct call to employees.
- Check orders – new and reorders.
- On-line banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- E-Corp banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- Bank-in-your-office – new and maintaining accounts.
- Assist officers with various needs.
- Maintain customer files.
- Safe deposit box inventory and customer assistance in accessing their boxes.
- Maintain weekly Rate Sheets and disburse.
- Assist with a variety of special projects, as needed.
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
- Stuff and mail customer statements and notices.
- Log and approve ACH files and calculate totals in monthly report
- Verify both international and domestic outgoing wires, as needed.
- Schedule Courier and report hours worked to payroll.
- Generate monthly Retail Report, containing data on newly issued/closed accounts and general ledgers.
- Opens bank or closes and secures bank after 6:00 PM
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, examines checks for endorsements and verifies accuracy of deposit slips.
- Arranges monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denominations.
- Balances currency and coin in cash drawer at end of shift.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Enters customers’ transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issues computer-generated receipts.
- Examines checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Identifies transaction errors when debits and credits do not balance.
- Balances main cash vault.
- Meters bank’s outgoing mail.
- Processes bank’s incoming mail deposits.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services.
- Makes sure all work is properly scanned, corrected, balanced, and submitted.
- Makes sure all work is properly scanned from Operations Department periodically.
- Makes sure all work areas are kept clean and clutter free.
- Cash handling and teller experience
- Retail banking experience
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Professional demeanor/appearance
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit (New Accounts), stand (Teller); use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- High School Diploma
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday (9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
To apply for the New Accounts Specialist/Teller position, please click the link below.