Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank. Cornerstone Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TWO OPEN POSITIONS:
New Account Specialist and Teller
Job Title: New Account Specialist/Teller
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: VP Treasury Management
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Provide customer assistance with new and existing account inquiries and all banking/monetary transactions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Compiles information about new accounts, enters account information into computers, and files related forms or other documents.
- Maintains existing accounts.
- Greets customers, answer questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, certificate of deposits, etc.
- Informs customers of procedures to apply for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Interviews customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe deposit boxes.
- Carries out special services for customers, such as ordering debit cards, notifies customers of potentially compromised cards and tracking all re-issues.
- Answers phone and directs calls to employees.
- Processes check orders – new and reorders.
- On-line banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- E-Corp banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- Bank-in-your-office – new and maintaining accounts.
- Assists officers with various needs.
- Maintains customer files.
- Safe deposit box inventory and customer assistance in accessing their boxes.
- Maintains weekly Rate Sheets and disburse.
- Assists with a variety of special projects, as needed.
- Refers customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
- Stuffs and mails customer statements and notices.
- Approves ACH files and mobile deposits.
- Verifies international and domestic outgoing wires, as needed.
- Generates monthly Retail Report, containing data on newly issued/closed accounts and general ledgers.
- Performs and cross-trains on Operations Department duties, as assigned.
- Assists in opening the bank at 7:40 AM and/or closing and securing the bank after 5:00 PM (rotating schedule to open and/or close, or you may be assigned to one shift and fill in on the other shift as needed).
- Accepts checking and savings deposits for drive-through and walk-in bank customers, ensures correct currency and coin accepted for deposit, verifies correct information on the check and that they are properly endorsed, and verifies accuracy of deposit totals.
- Keeps cash drawer and coin tray properly organized, maintains cash drawer limits, reconciles cash drawer daily and properly records vault cash transactions.
- Cashes checks and withdrawals, obtains proper identification, verifies sufficient funds, reviews accuracy of checks/withdrawal, and correctly disburses cash and coin to customer.
- Ensures all teller work, mobile and remote deposits are properly reviewed, scanned, corrected, balanced and Reconciles end of day teller totals to scanned image totals. Reconciles transaction errors when debits and credits do not balance.
- Sells cashier’s checks, redeems savings bonds, runs occasionally large volume of coin for deposits, completes change orders, accepts loan payments.
- Assists in balancing the main cash vault, and properly inventory debit card supply.
- Complies with bank operations, security procedures, and dual control functions.
- Maintains customer confidence, protects bank operations, and complies with confidentiality standards.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, from night depository and deposits received by mail.
- Meters bank’s outgoing mail, sorts all incoming mail, and delivers to staff.
- Completes projects given to the tellers by supervisor, completes within deadlines, completes required compliance testing and teller exams, and contributes to team environment by assisting others.
- Cross sells and promotes bank products by answering inquiries or informing customer of bank services which will meet their needs.
- Scans documents into correct filing systems and verifies successful completion, occasionally scanning operations department documents.
- Maintains clean and clutter-free work space and fills supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Cash handling and teller experience
- Retail banking experience
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Professional demeanor/appearance
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Mathematical proficiency
- Proficient use of personal computer; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook; Excel experience preferred.
Monday – Friday (Must be available for open and close shifts): 7:40 AM – 4:40 PM and 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Department: Commercial Loans
Reports To: Vice President, Commercial Loans
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for analyzing current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; preparing reports with this credit information for use in decision-making.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates credit approval process, including but not limited to processing credit applications and initiating inquiries into customer’s bank and trade references.
- Assesses the creditworthiness of potential customers, including establishing payment terms and credit limits; handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Monitors the credit risk associated with customer accounts.
- Establishes and maintains customer credit files and/or database; continually reviews customers’ credit histories; performs annual large credit reviews.
- Reviews collections reports to ascertain status of collections and outstanding balances and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of credit policy; recommends adjustments as needed.
- Prepares reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; prepares ongoing concentration reports.
- Evaluates customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Confers with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
- Completes loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval.
- Generates financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers’ financial status.
- Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Orders appraisal and environmental review.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems.
- Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information.
Proficient use of personal computer; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Fiserv core system and Suntell document imaging/scanning system experience is a plus.
To apply click here: