Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank.
ONE OPEN POSITION
JOB TITLE: Credit Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Loans
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: responsible for analyzing current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; preparing reports with this credit information for use in decision-making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates credit approval process, including but not limited to processing credit applications and initiating inquiries into customer’s bank and trade references.
• Assesses the creditworthiness of potential customers, including establishing payment terms and credit limits; handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
• Monitors the credit risk associated with customer accounts.
• Establishes and maintains customer credit files and/or database; continually reviews customers’ credit histories.
• Reviews collections reports to ascertain status of collections and outstanding balances and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
• Assists with the establishment and implementation of credit policy; recommends adjustments as needed.
• Prepares reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
• Evaluates customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
• Confers with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
• Completes loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval.
• Generates financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers’ financial status.
• Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook. Fiserv/Navigator and Suntell preferred.
• Other skills required:
o Commitment to excellence and high standards.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
o Strong mathematical skills
o Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
o Acute attention to detail.
o Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
o Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
o Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems.
o Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information.
Proficient use of personal computer; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Fiserv core system and Suntell experience is a plus.