Cornerstone Bank, more than just a bank.
At Cornerstone Bank, we have worked very hard to gain the trust and respect of not only our customers, but the community as a whole. Over our years as a local community bank serving the Kansas City metro area, we have worked hard to always do right by our community, customers, and employees. Providing outstanding service and commitment is how we gained our reputation, and that is only possible because of our amazing staff.
What makes our staff special is that they are passionate about what we do and enjoy where they work. We have a high employee retention rate, so we rarely have positions available. Most positions that do become available are because of our steady growth as we continue to build new customer relationships.
Why choose a career at Cornerstone Bank?
Our high employee retention, we believe, is due to several factors that make Cornerstone Bank different from other banks.
One of the principal ways we retain team members is by offering a wide range of benefits to show how important each member of our staff is. The benefits we offer are flexible and provide for our team’s needs. We value our staff, so we offer competitive pay along with 401k contribution matching.
We believe in a strong work/life balance because there is only one of you. To help allow for needed time off, we offer PTO benefits. In certain circumstances, when possible, our staff can work remotely. This adds another layer of flexibility and balance.
We love that our staff stays with us for longer periods of time than other employers. At Cornerstone Bank we believe in celebrating anniversaries of employees’ time with us. We mark the occasion every 5 years with company-wide recognition and gifts.
Cornerstone Bank is an equal opportunity employer. If the idea of a career in banking with a local business that is passionate about serving our community, consider applying for an open position that matches your skills. You’ll immediately feel at home in our tight-knit culture.
“My name is Melanie Baptiste and my role here at Cornerstone Bank is Loan Operations Officer. I’ve been with the bank since April of 2019 and have been working in Lending Operations for the last 16 years. What I enjoy most about working at Cornerstone Bank are the people I get to work with and our customers who come into the bank. It is truly a great atmosphere to be in and we enjoy going the extra mile to make sure our customers are taken care of.”
"Working at Cornerstone Bank has been a rewarding experience for me. I feel as though I am part of a team which listens to and is responsive to our customers’ needs. This positively impacts the community in such a way that I want to be a part of it. In my role, at a community bank, I also feel as though I make a bigger impact as an individual to the company. These are a couple of the reasons I look forward to driving to work every day."
“Cornerstone Bank is a great place to work. Upper management cares about you as a person and not just as an employee. They understand that life happens and are willing to work with you as you work through any personal issues. Management also understands that not everyone wants to remain in the same position and that you have dreams and goals for your career. I have worked at Cornerstone Bank for four years and management has formed a path for me to be able to meet my career goals in the future.”
"Though I am still early in my career I feel like there is great opportunity to grow here at Cornerstone. I have great coworkers that are helpful and know so much about their field. Everyone is genuinely helpful and wants each other to succeed and be the best they can be both professionally and personally. It is a blessing to get to work with such an experienced and knowledgeable leadership team here at Cornerstone Bank as well. Everyone here works hard to do the best they possibly can to be a great community bank."
Banking Careers in Overland Park
- Universal Banker
Job Title: Universal Banker
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: VP Treasury Management
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Provide customer assistance with new and existing account inquiries and all banking/monetary transactions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Compiles information about new accounts, enters account information into computers, and files related forms or other documents.
- Maintains existing accounts.
- Greets customers, answers questions and explains available services, such as deposit accounts, certificate of deposits, etc.
- Informs customers of procedures to apply for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Interviews customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe deposit boxes.
- Carries out special services for customers, such as ordering debit cards, notifies customers of potentially compromised cards and tracking all re-issues.
- Answers phones and directs calls to employees.
- Processes check orders – new and reorders.
- On-line banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- E-Corp banking – new and maintaining accounts.
- Bank-in-your-office – new and maintaining accounts.
- Assists officers with various needs.
- Maintains customer files.
- Safe deposit box inventory and customer assistance in accessing their boxes.
- Maintains weekly Rate Sheets and disburse.
- Assists with a variety of special projects, as needed.
- Refers customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
- Stuffs and mails customer statements and notices.
- Approves ACH files and mobile deposits.
- Verifies international and domestic outgoing wires, as needed.
- Generates monthly Retail Report, containing data on newly issued/closed accounts and general ledgers.
- Performs and cross-trains on Operations Department duties, as assigned.
- Assists in opening the bank at 7:40 AM and/or closing and securing the bank after 5:00 PM (rotating schedule to open and/or close, or assigned to one shift and fill in on the other shift as needed).
- Accepts checking and savings deposits for drive-through and walk-in bank customers, ensure correct currency and coin accepted for deposit, verify correct information on the check and that they are properly endorsed, and verify accuracy of deposit totals.
- Keeps cash drawer and coin tray properly organized, maintains cash drawer limits, reconciles cash drawer daily and properly records vault cash transactions.
- Cashes checks and withdrawals, obtains proper identification, verifies sufficient funds, reviews accuracy of checks/withdrawal, and correctly disburses cash and coin to customer.
- Ensures all teller work, mobile and remote deposits are reviewed properly, scanned, corrected, balanced, and reconciled at end of day. Teller totals to scanned image totals. Reconciles transaction errors when debits and credits do not balance.
- Sells cashier’s checks, redeems savings bonds, runs occasionally large volumes of coin for deposits, completes change orders, accepts loan payments.
- Assists in balancing the main cash vault and properly inventorying debit card supply.
- Complies with bank operations, security procedures, and dual control functions.
- Maintains customer confidence, protects bank operations, and complies with confidentiality standards.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, from night depository and deposits received by mail.
- Meters bank’s outgoing mail, sorts all incoming mail, and delivers to staff.
- Completes projects given to the tellers by supervisor, completes within deadlines, completes required compliance testing and teller exams, and contributes to team environment by assisting others.
- Cross sells and promotes bank products by answering inquiries or informing customer of bank services which will meet their needs.
- Scans documents into correct filing systems and verifies successful completion, occasionally scanning operations department documents.
- Maintains clean and clutter-free work space and fills supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Cash handling and teller experience
- Retail banking experience
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Professional demeanor/appearance
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Mathematical proficiency
- Proficient use of personal computer; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook; Excel experience preferred.
Monday–Friday (Must be available for open and close shifts): 7:40 AM – 4:40 PM and 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- Commercial Loan Processor
Job Title: Commercial Loan Processor
Department: Loan Operations
Reports To: Loan Operations Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Loan Processors have all the fun! Especially at Cornerstone Bank! If you have a strong passion for finance and accounting and the ability to provide 5-star service, we’d love for you to apply. As a Commercial Loan Processor, you are directly contributing to the success of our small business clientele. We’re on the lookout for candidates who take pride in providing excellent customer service.
Cornerstone Bank is not like bigger banks. We’re a locally owned community bank and working here has its advantages! You’ll work directly with all departments to gain a better understanding of the overall operations and you’ll have access to all employees, including the bank President! We are a small business, founded in 2001, with less than 100 employees. We have an attractive benefit package and offer competitive wages. Employees participate in fun company events throughout the year, and you’ll be surrounded by friendly co-workers in a supportive team environment.
Commercial Loan Processors are responsible for the full loan process, from A – Z!
- Provide support to the loan department
- Produce commercial loan documentation
- Payment application
- Ensure compliance with Bank credit policy and regulatory requirements
- Balance settlement statements and fund loans
We want you to be successful! What skills will help you succeed?
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Accounting skills and mathematical competence are key skills for success in this role
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for advanced technology
Ready for the details?
- Your work schedule is 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- College is not for everyone; a high school diploma or equivalent is our minimum requirement
- Banking experience preferred
We provide opportunities for all employees to grow and we’re willing to train the right candidate. We hope you’ll consider joining our team!
Benefits and Perks
- Health insurance plan, dental, vision, short-term disability, company-paid long-term disability, company-paid life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, monthly telecommute day, professional development.
- Casual Friday/Jean Day, Red Friday/game days (KC Chiefs), fitness reimbursement program, paid volunteer program, quarterly birthday events, team-building events throughout the year, work-life employee assistance program and discounts.
Cornerstone Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.