Careers at Cornerstone
Cornerstone Bank has a reputation in the local banking industry as a wonderful and fulfilling bank to work at. Our staff members tend to stay with our bank for quite some time, which leaves few job openings available. That being said, we do have positions open occasionally due to our growth. If you are looking for a banking career in a place where you’ll feel immediately at home, consider applying at Cornerstone Bank.
Job title: New Account Specialist/Teller. Click here to view the job description.
Job title: Credit Analyst. Click here to view the job description.
Job Title: Operations Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Operations Assistant assists operations department including accounting, deposit operations, wire transfer, ACH and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Accounts Payable, including expense report reimbursements.
– Wire transfers, including OFAC verification.
– ACH returns, notifications of change, unauthorized ACH entries, and initiation of ACH transfers.
– Maintain daily wire logs for domestic and international wire transfer.
– Proof adjustments, research.
– Customer service calls.
– Print daily repurchase agreements and track pledged securities.
– Debit card disputes.
– Process garnishments and levies.
– Exception item handling for returned items, stop payments, charge-backs, and non-posted transactions.
– Reconciliation or review of correspondent bank accounts and internal bank/general ledger accounts.
– Print customer notices.
– Balance teller cash totals to the general ledger.
– Reconcile ATM settlement activity.
– Update general ledger transaction descriptions.
– Remit federal and state backup withholding.
– Calculate and remit compensating use tax.
– Special projects, as requested.
– Previous banking knowledge in Operations/Accounting
– Knowledge of balancing GL accounts, wire transfers, ACH transactions, etc.
– High degree of attention to detail.
– High degree of accuracy.
– Professional and pleasant demeanor.
– Excellent customer service skills, both in person and on the telephone.
– Proficient use of 10-key adding machine.
– Good mathematical aptitude.
– Ability to work under pressure.
Education and/or Experience
– High School Diploma or equivalent.
– Minimum two (2) years of bank operations experience.
Job Title:New Accounts Specialist/Teller
Department: Customer Service
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
• Maintain existing accounts.
• Greet customers, answer questions and explain available services, such as deposit accounts, certificate of deposits, etc.
• Inform customers of procedures to apply for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
• Interview customers in order to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe deposit boxes.
• Carry out special services for customers, such as ordering debit cards, notifying customers of potentially compromised cards and tracking all re-issues.
• Answer phone and direct call to employees.
• Check orders – new and reorders.
• On-line banking – new and maintaining accounts.
• E-Corp banking – new and maintaining accounts.
• Bank-in-your-office – new and maintaining accounts.
• Assist officers with various needs.
• Maintain customer files.
• Safe deposit box inventory and customer assistance in accessing their boxes.
• Maintain weekly Rate Sheets and disburse.
• Assist with a variety of special projects, as needed.
• Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
• Stuff and mail customer statements and notices.
• Log and approve ACH files and calculate totals in monthly report
• Verify both international and domestic outgoing wires, as needed.
• Schedule Courier and report hours worked to payroll.
• Generate monthly Retail Report, containing data on newly issued/closed accounts and general ledgers.
• Perform and cross-train on Operations Department duties, as assigned.
• Assists in opening and/or closing and securing the bank after 5:00 PM.
• Accepts checking and savings deposits for drive through and walk in bank customers, ensures correct currency and coin accepted for deposit, verifies correct information on the check and that they are properly endorsed, and verifies accuracy of deposit totals.
• Keeps cash drawer and coin tray properly organized, maintains cash drawer limits, reconciles cash drawer daily and properly records vault cash transactions.
• Cashes checks and withdrawals, obtains proper identification, verifies sufficient funds, reviews accuracy of checks/withdrawal, and correctly disburses cash and coin to customer.
• Ensures all teller work, mobile and remote deposits are properly reviewed, scanned, corrected, balanced and submitted. Reconciles end of day teller totals to scanned image totals. Reconciles transaction errors when debits and credits do not balance
• Sells cashier’s checks, redeems savings bonds, runs occasionally large volume of coin for deposits, completes change orders, accepts loan payments.
• Assists in balancing the main cash vault, and properly inventory debit card supply.
• Complies with bank operations, security procedures, and dual control functions
• Maintains customer confidence, protects bank operations, and complies with confidentiality standards.
• Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, from night depository and deposits received by mail.
• Meters bank’s outgoing mail, sorts all incoming mail, and delivers to staff.
• Completes projects given to the tellers by supervisor, completes within deadlines, completes required compliance testing and teller exams, and contributes to team environment by assisting others.
• Cross sells bank products by answering inquiries or informing customer of bank services which will meet their needs. Promotes in a service-oriented manner with enthusiasm and knowledge.
• Scans documents into correct filing systems and verifies successful completion, occasionally scanning operations department documents.
• Maintains clean and clutter-free work space and fills supplies as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Cash handling and teller experience
• Retail banking experience
• Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
• Professional demeanor/appearance
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Operations experience a plus
• Math skills
• Computer experience; Excel experience a plus.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
JOB TITLE: Credit Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Loans
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: responsible for analyzing current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; preparing reports with this credit information for use in decision-making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates credit approval process, including but not limited to processing credit applications and initiating inquiries into customer’s bank and trade references.
• Assesses the creditworthiness of potential customers, including establishing payment terms and credit limits; handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
• Monitors the credit risk associated with customer accounts.
• Establishes and maintains customer credit files and/or database; continually reviews customers’ credit histories.
• Reviews collections reports to ascertain status of collections and outstanding balances and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
• Assists with the establishment and implementation of credit policy; recommends adjustments as needed.
• Prepares reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
• Evaluates customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
• Confers with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
• Completes loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval.
• Generates financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers’ financial status.
• Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook. Fiserv/Navigator and Suntell preferred.
• Other skills required:
o Commitment to excellence and high standards.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
o Strong mathematical skills
o Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
o Acute attention to detail.
o Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
o Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
o Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems.
o Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information.
Proficient use of personal computer; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Fiserv core system and Suntell experience is a plus.