Cornerstone Bank, more than just a bank.
At Cornerstone Bank, we have worked very hard to gain the trust and respect of not only our customers, but the community as a whole. Over our years as a local community bank serving the Kansas City metro area, we have worked hard to always do right by our community, customers, and employees. Providing outstanding service and commitment is how we gained our reputation, and that is only possible because of our amazing staff.
What makes our staff special is that they are passionate about what we do and enjoy where they work. We have a high employee retention rate, so we rarely have positions available. Most positions that do become available are because of our steady growth as we continue to build new customer relationships.
Why choose a career at Cornerstone Bank?
Our high employee retention, we believe, is due to several factors that make Cornerstone Bank different from other banks.
One of the principal ways we retain team members is by offering a wide range of benefits to show how important each member of our staff is. The benefits we offer are flexible and provide for our team’s needs. We value our staff, so we offer competitive pay along with 401k contribution matching.
We believe in a strong work/life balance because there is only one of you. To help allow for needed time off, we offer PTO benefits. In certain circumstances, when possible, our staff can work remotely. This adds another layer of flexibility and balance.
We love that our staff stays with us for longer periods of time than other employers. At Cornerstone Bank we believe in celebrating anniversaries of employees’ time with us. We mark the occasion every 5 years with company-wide recognition and gifts.
Cornerstone Bank is an equal opportunity employer. If the idea of a career in banking with a local business that is passionate about serving our community, consider applying for an open position that matches your skills. You’ll immediately feel at home in our tight-knit culture.
“My name is Melanie Baptiste and my role here at Cornerstone Bank is Loan Operations Officer. I’ve been with the bank since April of 2019 and have been working in Lending Operations for the last 16 years. What I enjoy most about working at Cornerstone Bank are the people I get to work with and our customers who come into the bank. It is truly a great atmosphere to be in and we enjoy going the extra mile to make sure our customers are taken care of.”
"Working at Cornerstone Bank has been a rewarding experience for me. I feel as though I am part of a team which listens to and is responsive to our customers’ needs. This positively impacts the community in such a way that I want to be a part of it. In my role, at a community bank, I also feel as though I make a bigger impact as an individual to the company. These are a couple of the reasons I look forward to driving to work every day."
“Cornerstone Bank is a great place to work. Upper management cares about you as a person and not just as an employee. They understand that life happens and are willing to work with you as you work through any personal issues. Management also understands that not everyone wants to remain in the same position and that you have dreams and goals for your career. I have worked at Cornerstone Bank for four years and management has formed a path for me to be able to meet my career goals in the future.”
"Though I am still early in my career I feel like there is great opportunity to grow here at Cornerstone. I have great coworkers that are helpful and know so much about their field. Everyone is genuinely helpful and wants each other to succeed and be the best they can be both professionally and personally. It is a blessing to get to work with such an experienced and knowledgeable leadership team here at Cornerstone Bank as well. Everyone here works hard to do the best they possibly can to be a great community bank."
Banking Careers in Overland Park
- Treasury Sales Officer
Job Title: Treasury Sales Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Cornerstone Bank is a locally-owned community bank driven by our mission to serve businesses and the individual who run them. We use a consultative approach to develop new ideas and build trusted relationships. We pride ourselves on upholding the tradition of personalized, quality service set forth in 2001 by the founders of the bank. At Cornerstone Bank you’ll be an integral part of a team environment.
Summary: Develops and retains Treasury Services business for customer base. Partners with Banking Branches, Commercial Relationship Managers and Business Bankers in a consultative sales role. Meets annual sales goals and sales activity targets by developing sales plans. Develops and executes regular calling programs and analyzes customer needs. Develops and maintains a strong knowledge of products, pricing strategies, technical tools, and sales strategies to maximize effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate core deposits and treasury revenue for the bank by generating new clients and expanding existing relationships. This includes face to face, telephone, and email communications
- Collaborate with and support Commercial Bankers on new opportunities, and plan sales strategies to development new business
- Serve prospective clients and existing clients by presenting ideas on ways to manage their banking in a more automated, timely, and cost-efficient manner
- Creates proposals for customers and manages the entire Treasury Services sales process
- Communicate in a proactive manner with clients on any banking changes that may impact them
- Maintain an accurate sales pipeline, calling activity report and closed business report on an ongoing basis
- Represent the bank in community affairs and civic organizations
- Maintain a thorough, in-depth knowledge of the Bank’s products and services
- Follow policy and procedures, and complete tasks accurately and on time
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in business related field required
- Treasury sales experience in a traditional bank required (including outside sales, new client deposit revenue goals); minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Familiarity of financial software
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Pre-employment background and credit screening
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Fiserv core system and Suntell document imaging/scanning system experience is a plus.
Working Here Has Its Advantages!
- Competitive salaries and attractive benefit package
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, identity theft insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, professional development
- Casual Friday/Jeans Day, Red Friday/game days (KC Chiefs), KC Royal days, fitness reimbursement program, paid volunteer program, quarterly birthday events, team-building events, social events, work-life employee assistance program and discounts
Cornerstone Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.