Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enroll in paperless (estatements) statements?
Call the bank at 913-239-8100 to enroll.
- Can I set alerts to notify me about account activity?
Yes, with Notify and CardValet.
- What is CardValet?
CardValet helps you protect your debit card by sending you transaction alerts and giving you the ability to define when and how your cards are used. You can download the app in GooglePlay for Android users and the Apple App Store for iPhone users.
- How do I enroll for bill pay?
On the online banking home screen, click the Bill Payment tab then click on Payment Center. Once in the payment center, add the name of the company or information for the person you wish to pay.
- Can I create nicknames for my accounts?
Yes. On the home screen, click edit accounts (to the right of account balances). You can add your nickname in the box.
- Are check images available?
Yes. Click the accounts tab. Under transactions, click on the check number you wish to view (highlighted in blue).
- How many months of statements are available online?
You can view and print up to two years from the current date. Anything beyond two years must be requested at the bank at 913-239-8100.
- Is the mobile banking app free?
Yes. You can download the app in GooglePlay for Android users and the Apple App Store for iPhone users. Check with your mobile carrier as message and data rates may apply.
- When will funds be available from my mobile deposit?
Deposits uploaded before 5pm CST will typically post the next business day.
- How should I endorse a Mobile Deposit Check (Deposit on the Go)?
*For mobile deposit only
*Last 4 digits of your account number
- What should I do with the paper check after I make a mobile deposit?
Retain it until it has posted to your account, then shred it.
- Is there a daily limit for Mobile Deposit?
Yes. This can be adjusted by calling the bank for approval at 913-239-8100.
- How do I update my personal information such as phone number or address?
You can make the changes in person at the bank, otherwise we will need written consent. A form can be faxed or emailed to you.
- Can I transfer funds between Cornerstone Bank accounts?
Yes. You can transfer via phone at 913-239-8100 (after verification of account ownership) or you can transfer via online banking from the home screen using the transfer tab.
- How do I dispute a debit card transaction?
In person at the bank with our Operations team. Forms will need to be completed for the dispute.
- What are the bank’s hours?
The lobby and drive-thru are available from 8:00am-5:00pm Mon- Fri. We are closed on Saturday.
- How can I check my balance?
You can call the bank at 913-239-8100 (verification of account ownership is required). You can also check your balance online via the mobile app and/or set up an alert to send your balance daily via text or email.
- What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen and Cornerstone Bank is closed?
Call 1-800-417-8715. They will ask for the following information: If you have the card number, your name, your address and that the card is issued by Cornerstone Bank. You may also take advantage of our debit card management tool, CardValet. With it, you have the ability to turn off your card through the app!
- What is the bank’s routing number?
For standard ACH, direct deposits and domestic wires, the routing number is 101014953.
- What is the bank’s swift code for International wires?
The swift code for Cornerstone Bank is KAASUS41 XXX
- How can I transfer funds to my account at another institution?
You can call the bank at 913-239-8100 (verification of account ownership is required) with the routing and account numbers of the receiving bank. The transfer is completed via ACH which can take up to 2 business days.
- Does your bank offer the ability to pay a person? What information is required?
Yes. You can pay a person using bill payment in online banking. This option is called popmoney. You will need the person’s name, email address or mobile number. Daily limits apply, fees are accessed based on speed of delivery.
- Does Cornerstone Bank offer a spending/budgeting tool?
Yes. This tool is available via CardValet under Control Preferences.
- What if I forget my user name/password for CardValet?
Please use the “forgot password” link. A security token will be sent to the email you provided. You may also contact American First at 800-290-1112 for assistance.
- I’m unable to login to mobile banking using the app. What should I do?
First try logging in on a desktop or laptop computer. You should be prompted to change your password. Once you update your password, you’ll be able to get back in using the mobile app.
- I can’t remember or would like to change my debit card pin number. Can it be reset?
Yes. Please call the bank at 913-239-8100 to request a pin reset. You can choose your own pin or one can be selected randomly.
- What are our NMLS numbers?
Michelle Guthrie NMLS# 410743
Chuck Whittaker NMLS# 795387
Madison McDonald NMLS# 1693152